Wednesday, January 5, 2011

I've always taken milk in my tea!

After flying first on a silly Canadian toy-like plane and then on a serious Canadian ship-like plane, Rachel and I landed in London Monday morning.
The silly one.




We were met at the airport by my cousin Archie. I hadn't seen him since I was six-years-old--we found him holding a "Libby Ashton" sign at arrivals. I've always known him to be my hilarious British cousin who designed one of Eminem's CD covers and, as it turns out, he's even cooler than I remembered.


Other than taking total advantage of my family in London, Rachel and I have explored it.

Unabashedly: Our first stop in London--and the last cup of Starbucks coffee I'll have for a few months. It's terrible here.

Rachel outside of her "local," says Archie.

Me, inside her local (we tried to capture the pub's feel, not my pensiveness. That's just an added bonus!)

We stumbled upon this chapel while we were exploring our primary academic building.

Our walk down the Strand, on our way to dinner at my Aunt Janet's.

All I know so far is that the city makes me feel what Harry Potter makes me feel--old, wizardly magic.

1 comment:

  1. I love these photos.. Aunt Janet took care of me when I was in London too.. have a fruit pastille for me and please report back. xoxo m

    ReplyDelete