Sunday, January 16, 2011

On my way

The view from which I've been the most breath-taken by London is the one I get when getting places. 

I'm still trying to figure out how to capture that feeling of breathlessness and I'm still not great at remembering to snap photos in those moments. But here are some pictures from my walk down the Thames to the Tate Modern. (I live about a three minute walk from the river and I get to cross it everyday on my walk to class.) 

 I tried to take a picture of the pack of 14-year-old girls fighting over candy while smoking cigarettes but they squealed away too quickly.


There was construction on the path along the river so I had to walk down to the bank. Even the criminals in London are in love. 



Rachel's dad's colleague invited us to his home in Hampstead for breakfast. We got there early (which was really, really early--we were expected at 9 a.m.) so we had just enough time to fall completely in love with their neighborhood. 


My photos don't do it any kind of justice. If you're ever in London, you must go to Hampstead. (Home of Jude Law, Sienna Miller, Emma Thompson, George Michael (when he's not in prison). The couple's daughter had a friend over for breakfast--her family's landlord is Ozzy Osbourne.)





British humor, British threats



No comments:

Post a Comment